Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Loving God

Fathersl love


Have you ever been in a relationship where you have been asked one of the toughest questions like “Honey, why do you love me?” Some of us find it hard to reply back. Some of us sweat blood just by thinking really hard. Some of us simply say “Because I love you” which in some cases is just too general for the recipient.

What about proving your love to the person? How do you prove your love? I remember one of my friends answered “by doing the 5 love languages”. I was like, “ok… which one?” and he said nothing after that and we just laughed.

I’m sure some of us went through the things I just mentioned. I know I did. Tongue out


What about when it comes to God? How do you respond to “why do you love God?” To be honest, my response to that would be “because of what He’s done on the cross, because He loved us first”. There are many ways to answer this question. A lot of us having a similar respond.


But how do we prove our love to God? Well its not that we don’t know but I guess for me when I picked up my bible and read John 14:15

“If you love me, you will obey what I command”

It was a reminder for me.

How many of us do remember showing our love to God? More than words, does our action, even the decisions that we make reflect our love for God or is it just mere words hitting in the air?

One morning (it’s was a holiday) I woke up with a burden to follow up on those people I know. Normally I’d bum around my house doing nothing but that day was different. I decided to make a couple of calls, text people to see how everyone’s doing.
One of the plans I made was to go to a campus and meet up with a guy to help jump start his journey with God. (You have to understand that this guy just recently received Christ.)
So there I was, called 2 of my friends to join me fellowship but one couldn’t make it because his lunch break was an hour earlier then the time set-up and the other got stuck at home with his family to eat lunch.
All of a sudden an open door to “back-out” or “pull-out” of the meeting with the guy in the campus was opened causing me to shrink back and just stay at home but before I could shrink any further I was reminded about John 14:15.

I got myself together took my bible materials called for a cab and went to the campus and the rest of the story is all for God’s Glory!


To love God is to do what God has called you to do. Now if you’ve forgotten what God has called you to do or have been ignoring it, wake up!

God loves us no matter what and it’s only right to love Him back ;)

Neil1am

No comments: