Monday, May 5, 2008

Road to Next Level: - Simplicity – Fallen Branch Thought

Road to Next Level: - Simplicity – Fallen Branch Thought

MilkyWayRoad_landolfiHave you ever seen or heard of a branch that came off a tree, rooted itself on the ground and became fruitful? If you had, please email me at neil@1am.com.myThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it , HeHeHe

Anyway, I was reminded of the story in the bible when Jesus spoke about “The Vine and the Branches” on John 15.

You see, we dream about great things taking place, talk about “how to accomplish a dream?” or “See a vision come to pass” but you tell me, do you think that we will be able to see what we dream, what we envision to come to pass by not doing what is simple and that is to be connected to the Father?

What do I mean by connected? Does it mean…

- Read the bible 1 week ago and do Gods call?

- Hear the word of God once a month at church, read the bible whenever I feel and do Gods call?

- Pray today and pray only when reminded?

tree

This is what Jesus said,

John 15:5-8

5I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

Well I don’t read the bible almost everyday but I make an effort to read it everyday. Remaining in Him does not necessarily mean read the bible everyday but I guess it simply means this –

Do we start the day thinking about God in whatever our agenda maybe?

In what ever we do, are we connected with Him whether reading, prayer, humility, submission, etc

Our Next Level is around the corner and to do so is to do the simple things first which is “BE CONNECTED”

This may sound easy but its not. Sometimes the simple things are the hardest to do but I believe once you get a hang of it, it would be smooth sailing.

No comments: